Thursday, June 12, 2008

Movement

According to Inch-AWeigh.com, four out of five American women say they're dissatisfied with the way they look and on any given day, almost half of the women in the United States are on a diet.

I wouldn't say that I'm on a diet, per se, but I'm definitely not happy about the way I look. I started to blog about "Movement" and sort of tracking what I was doing, but quite frankly, I wasn't doing much! Then, after my sister's baby shower, I saw what I looked like in photos. Not what I pictured in my head! Yeah, the mirror isn't helpful for me - for me, it's in the harsh reality of photographs that I can no longer deny what my physical condition is.

Seeing pictures of myself has motivated me to start moving again. I seem to do this in fits and starts, but never really end up making it a habit or getting into a comfortable groove. I'm happy to say that with Leslie Sansone's DVDs, I've been walking fairly consistently about twice a week for about a month. This week, I've stepped it up - Four Mile Super Challenge! I'm seeing results now so it's motivating me to keep "moving."

I really like that these DVDs aren't boring, annoying, or just laughable to me! She motivates me to walk. She keeps the pace up, says encouraging words right when I''m ready to quit and I can hear her voice in my head when I really don't want to walk. "Muscle burns more calories!" "Do I have time to exercise? Yes, I do! It's over in a snap!"

If you're discouraged by the way you look or just need some fitness in your life, try one of her DVDs! I think you'll really enjoy it and start seeing results.

I just read about her 10 Day Challenge and I signed up. I'm really excited. Since I've started to see some results already, I think this is the next boost I need, plus I think it'll be fun. Did I really type that? I'll see if I can remember to post in 10 days. :-)

Happy "Moving!"

No comments: