My husband and I learned a fun new game on New Years Eve from my sister and bro-in-law: Speed Scrabble. SO MUCH FUN! If you love Scrabble, but don't like the length of the game, this is the version for you. You don't use the board but build your own crossword puzzle with your tiles. Here's how to play:
- Turn all of the tiles over (letter side down) in the middle of the table.
- Each player takes seven tiles and you turn them over simultaneously.
- Build your individual crossword puzzle using your 7 tiles. The first person to build a complete crossword using all seven tiles announces. "Take two" or "Two."
- Everyone takes two tiles and continues to build onto or create a new crossword puzzle.
- This process continues until all of the tiles are used and the first person to be done announces that they are "Done."
We didn't keep score, but kept track of who got done first. Talking with a friend from church, she told me that when they play, they count the points of the letters used and the letters remaining are subtracted from the score, somewhat similarly to conventional Scrabble. This may be my favorite game yet! Unlike N.