Sunday, July 01, 2007

Country manners? I think they're charming.

We spent Saturday in the country. We took a hay ride around our friend's property, saw their 3 varieties of sheep and rams, played Dutch Blitz, ate fabulous picnic food, gabbed, watched a sheep herding demonstration, and learned to English dance.

The dancing was by far my favorite event! Now, I have always said that Asians (meaning mostly that I) don't have rhythm. I guess I was partly wrong. We learned two different dances, neither name can I remember or did I ever know? One was something "maggot" - somewhat similar to Mr. Beveridge's Maggot from Pride and Prejudice. My Dearest and I picked up the steps rather quickly, but I think I owe that to standing next to our friend Hannah and her friend, both of whom already knew how to dance. It was "capital, capital!" "There is nothing we love more than a country dance."

Our friend, Hannah, told us there is a place not too far from us that has English dancing on Tuesday nights, from 7 to 9 or 9:30. Perhaps a sitter is in order for those evenings whilst my Dearest and I go dancin'!

No comments: