Saturday, December 29, 2007

Multiple Recipes of the Week

Okay, so I've been very lax about posting my recipes of the week. Here, I try to make up for it! Here are some of my very favorite recipes.

Most of them are from Zonya Foco, who is a Registered Dietitian and has a FABULOUS cookbook called Lickety Split Meals: For Health Conscious People on the Go. I highly recommend this cookbook; everything I have made out of this cookbook has been well embraced by myself and my family - even my 6 and 7 1/2 year old boys!

Oven Baked Lentils and Rice - My 6 year old requested this for his birthday meal this past winter.

Beef and Barley Soup
- We really enjoy our slow-cooker and love the fact that when we've had a busy day and come home, dinner smells so good that my boys can't wait for dinner time. Hooray!

Beef Stroganoff - My Dearest absolutely loathes Beef Stroganoff, but he really enjoys this recipe!

Salmon Burgers - An easy way to get Omega-3 in our diet.

Salmon fillets a la ScrappyMom
Season your salmon with salt, pepper, and lay sliced lemons over, completely covering it. Bake or broil until done. Enjoy with brown rice and vegetables of your choice.

Bon Appetit!!

No comments: