Thursday, September 04, 2008

Aunt-hood

We went to visit my sister, brother-in-law and their adorable three month old son this past weekend. Can I tell you how much I LOVE being an Aunt? I enjoyed being an extra set of arms (and legs) for my sister, to make dinner (even though my parents prepared it and sent it with us), set the table, clear and wash dishes, push Caleb in the perambulator, which is one of my favorite words, and of course hold Caleb while she napped or just relaxed a bit.

I really enjoy children, especially young ones, but after I had my own, I was not sure if I'd feel the same toward other children as I do my own. Nephews apparently hold a very special spot in my heart as I feel the same towards Caleb as I do my own.

Now, if we could do something about the distance between our families...



No comments: