Sunday, September 21, 2008

Motivations

I'm a list-maker and love to cross items off of my list. However, for better or worse, I'm an externally motivated person. If it benefits others I am much more easily motivated to do it, because it benefits, you know, them... my Dearest, children, sister, brother, friends. If it's for me, it is much more difficult for me to gather up the motivation. Perhaps a drawback of being an ESFJ?

Having a creative hobby/job, like being a scrapbooking and stamping consultant, is definitely interesting in regard to my list-making tendencies and motivations. Here, my list-making tendencies do not necessarily mesh with my creative muse. What should I create for my next class, workshop, Totally Creative Tuesday get-together, or unit meeting? My list-making tendencies help keep my business on track, but right now, it's seriously wreaking havoc on the fun, whimsical, creativity side of my business.

I have been reading various very creative blogs and find myself wondering when I'll have time (or make time) to play with my stamps, inks, and pretty papers, not to mention the fun accessories!

It is definitely time to carve out some creative play time for myself and not get bogged down in just what needs to get done. I'll be sure to add "Play time with stamps, inks, pretty papers, and fun accessories" to my list.

No comments: