Monday, January 08, 2007

The Lasting Impact of the Holidays

Well, I haven't posted much about the actual holidays. Overall it was great fun and we all had a great time. DONE.

Now, this Christmas was the first Christmas in a couple of years that my siblings and I were all together. My sister and bro-in-law came up from IN. They usually come up for Thanksgiving and go to his parents' for Christmas. My bro and his girlfriend came over, along with my parents. Okay, so you get the picture. NOW onto the rest of this story....

I love my bro-in-law. Really, I do. He's funny, smart, and most importantly, perfect for my sister. They complement each other really well. All that being said, he introduced my Dearest to a computer game that I really cannot stand. I don't dislike it because it's violent (it is a bit in the cartoon sense, not realistically so) or because it's loud (volume control, people!). I cannot stand it because after my Dearest was introduced to it, I BARELY SAW HIM FOR 4 DAYS!!!

He was introduced to this game on Christmas day. The day after Christmas, my sister and bro-in-law went merrily on their way to stay with my parents for a few days unaware of the potential ruin that was left in their wake. My Dearest went back to work on the 27th and played N at almost every possible moment... for 4 DAYS! Yes, the game is called N. Don't ask me where you can download it; I refuse to be responsible for disappearing spouses, children, or leading you down the slippery slope!

My Dearest has now realized just how much he was engrossed in the game and how I missed spending some time with him so he doesn't play quite so often now.

The lasting impact however, was seen this past Sunday during church. During the sermon, I looked over to my youngest son sitting next to me and saw he was drawing a board for N. I looked 3 seats over to my older son and saw that he was ALSO drawing a board for N.

Here is Ethan's board for N:



Here's Isaac's board for N:

No comments: