Monday, January 08, 2007

New Years

Yes, I've not been diligent about posting reguarly.

My husband and I learned a fun new game on New Years Eve from my sister and bro-in-law: Speed Scrabble. SO MUCH FUN! If you love Scrabble, but don't like the length of the game, this is the version for you. You don't use the board but build your own crossword puzzle with your tiles. Here's how to play:
  1. Turn all of the tiles over (letter side down) in the middle of the table.
  2. Each player takes seven tiles and you turn them over simultaneously.
  3. Build your individual crossword puzzle using your 7 tiles. The first person to build a complete crossword using all seven tiles announces. "Take two" or "Two."
  4. Everyone takes two tiles and continues to build onto or create a new crossword puzzle.
  5. This process continues until all of the tiles are used and the first person to be done announces that they are "Done."
I think we played at least 8 or 10 games within what seems like an hour. I'm sure it took a bit longer, but we were having so much fun and I honestly didn't pay close attention to the clock.

We didn't keep score, but kept track of who got done first. Talking with a friend from church, she told me that when they play, they count the points of the letters used and the letters remaining are subtracted from the score, somewhat similarly to conventional Scrabble. This may be my favorite game yet! Unlike N.

1 comment:

Beautiful Mommy Princess said...

Hey there,

Got your C-mas card and pic! So surprised to hear you are homeschooling! Hope you love it as much as I do. Nothing better than having the guys around. They are a lot of fun. Pretty good workers too.

Thanks for the link -- write more. I enjoyed your blog :~)

I'll be checking back soon,

Cyn