Monday, January 01, 2007

Belated Merry Christmas!!

Well, we celebrated Christmas for 4 days straight. Here's a summary of where we were and what happened. Since I'm such a foodie, I'll include what we ate! :-) Recipes to come later.

December 23rd -- Christmas with most of my Dearest's aunts, uncles, and cousins. Some of the cousins have now decided we should get together in the summer as a mini- reunion; it seems that we only get together is during the holidays.

December 24th -- We went to church for worship, came home and opened presents with my Dearest's Mom. We ate appetizers, most of the day instead of having a "real" meal. We had spinach artichoke dip, meatballs, crab dip, shrimp cocktail, chips and salsa, and hummus. YUM!

December 25th -- My family came over - my parents, my sister and bro-in-law from IN, my brother and his girlfriend. Packed house! We had Javanese dinner to eat.

December 26th -- My Dearest's sister, brother and sister-in-law came over for breakfast on their way to KY to visit my Dearest's dad, other sister, her husband and family.

The biggest highlight of the 4 days for me were seeing the boys hand out their presents and seeing the fun and funny reactions of the recipients. It was so funny to see, say, my mom's expression when she opened a gift from the boys -- a Spiderman plastic plate and dice! Too fun. The boys had fun giving gifts to the family and I think the family enjoyed it.

We got some really cool gifts, too. Dearest's brother and sis-in-law live in northern CA and know all about our fondness for Thai food. They gave us a sampling of curry spices from CurrySimple. So easy to make Thai food at home with their authentic sauces. They also gave us a bottle of a locally grown (for them) Reisling wine that paired very nicely with the spicy curry. Thanks so much, guys!!

After the 4 days of Christmas celebrating, Dearest went to work for a few days and I recooperated with 2 active boys who got lots of new toys.

No comments: