Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Unexpected Emotions

My boys are so different. My oldest is quiet, pensive, and a bit reserved. He doesn’t share his thoughts or emotions readily. My youngest seems to be quite the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, they are still young boys and can wreak havoc with the best of them. However, with the boys’ “base personality,” being what they are, I encountered something today I wasn’t expecting at all.

We went to order some of our curriculum today. We picked up my Dearest from work and went to the curriculum display. After we were done, we dropped off my Dearest back at work and that’s when it happened.

I realized my oldest son was crying as my Dearest got out of the car to go back into the office. He didn’t realize that his dad was going to have to go back to work. The image of big, fat, tears rolling down my son’s cheeks, hearing his sniffling and bravely trying to hold back his whimpers as we left my Dearest at work was enough to make me cry on the way home, too. Call me a sympathetic-crier.

No comments: