Thursday, August 02, 2007

Follow the Links!

I have been on a quest for an ESV Bible for awhile now. I tried the local stores, but was not able to find any. Perhaps I didn't know where to look or they were out of stock or perhaps shopping with two young boys when you don't know what you're exactly looking for and don't know if they will have any does not work very well.

A couple of nights ago, I was reading My Life on the Gerbil Wheel over at Musing of a Housewife. Very good read, very fun blog - go check it out if you haven't and tell her you came from here.

At the bottom of the post, there was a link to Do the Next Thing, which was also just a phenomenal read, very inspiring during this slump of I-don't-want-to-do-what-I'm-supposed-to-do, otherwise known as laziness or our sinful nature running amok. That keeps popping up again, doesn't it?


“Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:41

There was a link on the side to the ESV blog and on that page, lo and behold, a "Buy an ESV" link. I took a look. Guess what I found?! I found Quality Seconds, Bibles that have are slightly used or damaged that are still in good shape. I bought two, perhaps my Dearest would like one, and they arrived today. Absolutely fabulous condition! Of course, I didn't realize they weren't study Bibles, but I think it'll be okay. I have an ESV Bible! Rejoice with me!

No comments: