Saturday, August 25, 2007

Smelly Fingers and Three Things

It has been quite an emotionally charged week. It's been a week (a week, people!) of power struggles, messy children's rooms, and lots of tears (shed by my children and me).

Yesterday, everything fell from the spinning plates that were so delicately balanced in the air. I wanted to send my children to the moon and even still, I wanted to hold them close and love them even more. Motherhood (Parenthood, for those male readers) is a juxtaposition of emotions.

At the end of the day, after I had shed more tears than I can remember in a very long time, my Dearest came to me and said that it was time for prayer. After we prayed with the boys and got them into bed, about 10 minutes later, one of my boys (his identity shall remain protected, but you have a a 50/50 chance to suspect correctly, lol!) came to me and said, "Mom, we need to clean my ears! When I take my fingers out of my ears, they smell!"

After the difficulties of the week, I couldn't help but stifle my laughter and lovingly tell him we would clean his ears, although my Dearest and I were sorely tempted to tell him to not take his fingers out of his ears.


###


Three things in life that, once gone, never come back -
1. Time
2. Words
3. Opportunity

Three things in life that can destroy a person -
1. Anger
2. Pride
3. Unforgiveness (or resentment)

Three things in life that you should never lose -
1. Hope
2. Peace
3. Honesty

Three things in life that are most valuable -
1. Love
2. Family & Friends
3. Kindness

Three things in life that are never certain -
1. Fortune
2. Success
3. Dreams

Three things that make a person -
1. Commitment
2. Sincerity
3. Hard work

Three things that are truly constant -
Father - Son - Holy Spirit

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30, ESV

1 comment:

Christy. said...

What a great post! I had A week too! I just found your blog and was so encouraged. I have been praying that God would give me the tenacity to make it through the day, showing grace to my kiddos!