Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spinach Salad with Apple, Pomegranate, and Celery

This has become one of my favorite salads! I first had it at one of my customer's homes at her scrapbook class. She insisted I try it and I'm glad I did!

Ingredients:

3 c. chopped apple
1 pomegranate worth of seeds
3 ribs of celery, chopped
9 oz baby spinach leaves
1/4 c toasted nuts (optional)
1/2 to 2/3 c. Honey Dijon Dressing*

Honey Dijon Dressing
3/4 c mayo
3/4 c. plain yogurt
1 T sugar
3 T honey
3 T Dijon mustard
2 T vinegar
1/2 c. oil (I used olive)
1 T dried parsley

Blend all ingredients except for oil and parsley in blender.
With blender running, slowly add oil.
Blend in parsley.
Keeps for about 1 week.

To assemble salad:
Combine apple, pomegranate seeds, and celery with 1/2 to 2/3 cup honey dijon dressing.
Just before serving, toss with the spinach leaves. Sprinkle with toasted nuts.

Bon Appetit!!

Yes, this would be the second Recipe of the Week recipes. Enjoy!

No comments: