Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Balmy Weather & Spring Cleaning

Monday and Tuesday were downright balmy here! Now, if you live anywhere in the Mid-West and especially near the Great Lakes, you know that "January" and "balmy" generally do not go together, but I swear, we had fabulous temperatures! It topped 6o on Monday and almost reached 60 today. Now, perhaps you noticed that I wrote "temperatures" and not "sunny." Nope. We had fabulous temperatures.

See, here in the Mid-West, we get dreary winters. Very little sun once January hits. Somehow, November and December don't seem nearly as dreary. We generally have cloudy skies, bone-chilling damp weather, and SNOW. We rarely see the sun, not until March or April at the earliest or so it seems. A dreary, rainy January 60 degree day was most welcome.

This sudden burst of warmer temperatures reminded me of Spring. It sparked my creativity and compelled me to do a bit of pre-mature Spring cleaning!

On Monday, I threw open the windows to air out the house a bit and give us some much needed fresh air. I noticed several of my neighbors did the same. I'm taking full advantage of warm weather while it's here! My creativity ran wild as my boys were playing outside in the mud building forts, fighting some sort of storm trooper or another, and yelling like banshees. I cleaned out all of the newly retired stamp sets in my collection (32!) and then decided that it was time to move furniture in our living room.

I had moved a couch, coffee table and emptied a bookcase to move when I received a phone call from my Dearest who was leaving work. I told him I had a surprise for him and hoped it would be ready when he got home. He paused a moment and said, "I'd like to eat dinner tonight." I started brown rice in the rice cooker, then I scrambled to finish moving the couches, bookcases, and re-shelve the books. I didn't dare move the TV, entertainment cabinet, and various other TV paraphernalia.

He snuck in through the back door, but he liked what I had done. So far. He came up with the idea to keep moving furniture. We rearranged a bit more and are happy with our fresh, new look. Just in time for "Winter" to arrive... again.

By the way, we had salads, seasoned Mahi-mahi, asparagus, and brown rice for dinner, to my Dearest's joy.


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It's been warm here too...hit 71 yesterday! But it's been sunny, lol.

Two posts in two days....does this mean you are actually going to start blogging regularly???