Wednesday, April 09, 2008

ISO Laptop Advice

My Dearest just proclaimed that I could pick out (and purchase!) a laptop... within reason. That MacBook Pro will just have to wait, I guess.

I started doing research and have found that I'm just in over my head! This laptop business is just confusing and a bit intimidating. Apparently, my computer knowledge is current... for 6 years ago! I rarely wade into the computer-buying realm. The last time I was here was about 6 years ago when my computer crashed the night before Thanksgiving. We were hosting Thanksgiving that year. All of my recipes were on that computer. We survived and everything was delish. Oh yeah, nothing like going out in style, baby!

I digress... There are so many things to consider... RAM speed, portability, Intel v. AMD processors, processor speed, hard drive size, DVD burner or just a DVD Rom, built in web cam or not, Vista or XP (since Macs are out of my price range right now *sigh) ... ARGH!!!!!

Here's where I need some advice! What are the pros and cons of your laptop? Any particular brand you recommend over another, Macs excluded? What type do you have?

Any helpful tips or hints would be much appreciated!

No comments: