Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hummus Recipe

This is my recipe for Hummus, which I adapted from here. This one's for you, Jane! :-)

I use:

3 - 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained with juice reserved
3 T. tahini, or to taste
4 T. lemon juice, or to taste
2 - 3 garlic cloves, or to taste
1/4 c. olive oil, or to taste
1 T. sesame seeds (optional)
a shake or two of salt

Blend all ingredients in food processor, adding about one-third to one-half of the reserved juice to make hummus creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. Refrigerate one hour to blend flavors.

Play around with it and adjust as you like. I like mine lemony and creamy so I think I add extra lemon juice and olive oil than the recipe states. I don't usually measure ingredients, I generally pour right into the food processor. If in doubt of my measurements, use the reference recipe. :-)

Enjoy!

No comments: