Sunday, October 05, 2008

TV and Movies

These are my opinions.

Let me repeat that. These are my opinions. I don't care what you do with your time or money; it's your business. This is how I feel about my time and money.

Having said that...


I don't know about you, but I'm finding some fun TV shows out there. One of my problems is, I don't have time to watch all of them either because I am too busy to sit down at the designated time to watch or I am still putting children to bed and cannot plop down in front of the TV to watch.

I realize that there are things like DVRs, Tivos and perhaps even still some VCRs, with which to record and watch later.

I personally refuse to pay for cable/satellite/dish or whatever to get gazillions of channels. In my thinking, if I have to pay for TV, I had better get my money's worth so I had better watch lots. If you follow this logic circle completely, by me doing so, I feel that I would be wasting my time since I wouldn't be doing the other necessary things that need doing. Again, this is my opinion.

I actually know how to program my VCR and have successfully done so. I just forget to insert a usable tape or I insert a tape that has previously recorded something that I knew I wanted to keep, but I forgot to label the tape so I have no clue what it's contents are, and the tab-thingy hasn't been removed or removed and covered with tape so it must be a usable tape! Only to find out that it was a Super Bowl game between the Patriots and Colts that my Dearest taped or something I haven't watched yet.

I think I've found an almost perfect solution on Hulu, though I don't remember where I first heard about it. It is an ad-supported streaming video (online) site (a few :30 commercials scattered throughout the show) available currently in the States - sorry my foreign friends! Many of my favorite shows are there and have full episodes available which I can watch when I am able, which for me is usually stamping or scrapbooking late at night.

Hulu also has movies. Some of my favorites include: Sense and Sensibility, Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie, and Spy Game.

Enjoy!

No comments: