Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Forgive me for not posting lately. I've been having a difficult time with my children and fighting an allergy/cold, due to something one of my children did.

Last week, one of my children decided that as I was in the shower, it was the perfect time to spray my Cool Water perfume all over my bedroom. As I got out of the shower, I thought I smelled Cool Water but thought it was from the bath gel that I didn't use. Yeah, I wasn't quite thinking straight. When I went into my room, it was ... overwhelming, which doesn't even cover how strongly it smelled. I thought about having the offender sleep in my room that night as My Dearest and I slept elsewhere, but I was more concerned about what else he might find to do.

We vacuumed with backing soda, opened windows, and lit candles but it was still smelling strongly when the windows closed and the room warmed again. Due to the irritation, my sinuses started draining down the back of my throat. I thought I could beat it on my own, but my symptoms worsened and it was Tuesday morning, which meant if I had to see my doctor, it would have to wait until Monday, as they are closed on Wednesdays.

My Dearest is also suffering the same symptoms. I talked to him on Tuesday morning and told him I made a doctor's appointment, at which time he said that he also was contemplating making an appointment. We have the same doctor so I told him that I would make an appointment for him and he could meet me there. I called, made the appointment, and called my Dearest to tell him what time. He told me that it was too early and he had customers at work; I told him he could call and reschedule for when it would be convenient for him, as it would be easier for both of us.

I got to the doctor's office, and there in the parking lot was my Dearest's car. What happened to "too early?" It turns out that he thought he was meeting me at the doctor's office to watch the children while I had my appointment. But he still canceled his appointment.

Thankfully, since we know the staff well, they squeezed him in and we both got our meds. We are on a nasal spray, an anti-histamine, and magic pills. All thanks to our fabulous doctor.

So, now we are ready to continue on the Thanksgiving road. The pumpkin pies, cranberry bread, and stuffing were made last night. The stock is simmering; the turkey ready to be stuffed and roasted. Potatoes and veggies will be done while the turkey roasts.

Here's our menu:

Awesome Tangerine-Glazed Turkey
Awesome Sausage, Apple, and Dried Cranberry Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole (my sister's favorite side dish, but she's visiting in-laws)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry Sauce

May we be especially thankful this day for the many ways God provides for us, not just enjoy the food and football.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: